Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 28

Up To Our Necks In Hot Water......

one of the most wonderful inventions ever created,
the Hot Spring.


Pool after pool of geothermal heated water. Custom made for long days of soaking.
Ahhhh


Enjoyed by husbands and lizards alike


I haven't been this warm since I left Belize.
LOVE IT!!!!!

Lava Hot Springs is very special to us. Our first real date Bruce picked me up in his Cadillac and we road tripped thru Idaho into Wyoming and stopped in at Lava. For an East Coast girl it was a pretty exotic first date. 
Lava was also where we honeymooned.
Along with a number of our closest friends and family we took RV's and camped the weekend away. It was great. And having Tom and RE there made it all the more special.


It really is a pretty area.

Surprisingly their tourist season is in the summer. The river is a very popular tubing spot. I would have thought that the hot springs would have drawn a big winter crowd but not so. Even being there the day after Labor Day Lava had returned to its post tourist sleepy small town self. 
Hooray! No crowd in the hot pool!


And clear and pretty as the river looks, it used to be snow!
Not on your life would I put my delicate little self in there.
I will save my Polar Bear Plunges for January at The Ryders
in Belize.

No comments:

Post a Comment