Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 13



A day in the country.....


Today we started  the day driving to the wilds of Isle of Wight county.  Day 6 of rain but not too heavy to drive and sight see. Wanda kept us on the straight and narrow the whole trip and we never got lost. She has an amazing sense of direction.

Checking off another Most Important Stop. Franklin Virginia to see another long time friend and adopted family member
Susan



Susan is not only the bravest woman I know, having in her 50s  decided to follow her dream and spend the rest of her life doing what she loved, working with horses.
She boards them, trains them, drives them in carriages and rides with the hounds as a whip on fox hunts. 




She is also the most spiritual person I know. I once asked her to pray for me to have patience in a certain situation.  She refused, "God gives us everything we need" she said. "If you ask for more, you will need it." I still try to think twice before I ask for anything, mostly I try to just be thankful for what I have.

I guess prayers are answered, their church was too small. Even in this time of challenging economics they were able to build a new one. 


After returning from the country Wanda asked that we stop off at Blue Water Yachts
to do a little boat shopping. She has excellent taste.



And afterwards, we dined. 
And Wanda Drank




And drank, 























And drank, which caused us to laugh!


And Ken told stories....

And we laughed some more. Bruce and I have laughed more on this trip than we have laughed in a long time.


We laughed so much we had to apologize to the family sitting behind us. And a lot of it was Terry's fault. We were telling stories about the present she is sending to Matthew. But more on that later.
Must sleep, more to see and do tomorrow.
Night all......

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing storyteller! You are also missed!!! Hugs Cathie

    ReplyDelete