Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 18

Man-o-man were we busy today.....

   

Harpers Ferry West Viirgnia
Where John Browns body lays a moldering in his grave.
Here's a history lesson kiddies, Who was John Brown and why is he famous?


There is  a lot of history in this tiny town, much of it tied to the B & O 
railroad.


How pretty is this? 

We drove thru 4 states yesterday. Started in Maryland, went thru Virginia and ended in West Virginia where we met my big brother Tim.


He's a good lookin old fart isn't he?
He toured us around the more picturesque places in town.



But not everybody is as peaceful,


As is apparent in the photo, this is a really old hotel. And according to Tim it is extremely haunted.


So Bruce pulled out his handy Ghost Radar and the started communing with the spirits.
The ghosts started showing up immediately and words like "General"  and  a name that I of course I promptly forgot, but I could swear I vaugly remember it from a history class somewhere..  At one point there appeared to be a small ghost standing right behind Tim and the word "Railroad" popped up.
Yes, my brother spent his entire adult life working for the railroad.
Kinda creeped us all out, especially Tim. He seemed to draw ghosts to him where ever we went.

A fun day, a nice visit. Hopefully we will get Tim to come and visit us in the future. I think he would like it.

Yes, I can count. We went to a really nice little family owned Chinese restaurant in Pennsylvania for dinner. And we went in Joe's little convertible with the top down and the heat blasting. Man, am I glad I bought that jacket in Virginia.
4 states in one day.
And tomorrow we are going to a Renaissance Faire.

That should make some great photo ops. 
Maybe we can get a shot of Wanda jousting.

No comments:

Post a Comment